The Believe and Achieve Trust was founded in 2014 in honour of the amazing Alex Williams. Our son, who believed passionately in raising awareness of meningitis as a meningitis sufferer.
The Believe and Achieve Trust aims to increase the physical and mental health of those affected by meningitis and support sufferers wishing to succeed in sport. Along our journey we will also continue to raise the awareness of meningitis and it symptoms.
Believe and Achieve is here to provide meningitis sufferers with much needed funding or specialist equipment to help them succeed in sporting activity.
Meningitis is an infection of the protective membranes, the 'meninges' that surround the brain and spinal cord. This infection causes these membranes to become inflamed, which in some cases can damage the nerves and brain. There are many different causes of meningitis and anyone can get! For further information on Meningitis or for any more support to help spot signs and symptoms meningitisnow.org
As a registered charity (number 1157173), all of our accounts and trusteeship is public information. View our page on the Charity Commission for more.
Meningitis and septicaemia often happen together.
It is important to be aware of all the signs and symptoms. If you suspect meningitis or septicaemia, get medical help immediately.
Fever, cold hands and feet
Pale, blotchy skin. Spots/rash
Drowsy, difficult to wake
Confusion and irritability
Dislike bright lights
Severe muscle pain
Listed are some of the common signs and symptoms of meningitis and septicaemia. Symptoms can appear in any order. Some may not appear at all.
Fever, cold hands and feet
Refusing food and vomiting
Child looking fretful
A sleepy child
Drowsy, floppy, unresponsive
A pale child
Rapid breathing or grunting
Pale, blotchy skin
Unusual cry, moaning
Tense, bulging fontanelle (soft spot)
Stiff neck, dislike bright lights
A rash that does not fade under pressure is a sign of meningococcal septicaemia (meningococcal bacteria can cause meningitis and septicaemia)
People with septicaemia may develop a rash of tiny ‘pin pricks’ which can develop into purple bruising.
DO THE TEST ‣ Press the side of a clear glass firmly against the skin ‣ Spots/rash may fade at first ‣ Keep checking ‣ Fever with spots/rash that do not fade under pressure is a medical emergency ‣ Do not wait for a rash. If someone is ill and getting worse, get medical help immediately ‣ On dark skin, the spots/rash can be more difficult to see. Be aware of all the signs and symptomsIf you are worried about spotting the symptoms in time contact the Meningitis Helpline on
Max the Monkey loves to keep active and exercise lots,
this makes him very fit and strong. When Max is not
participating in sport or exercise he enjoys attending
Believe and Achieve fundrasing events. Keep a look out for
Max, he may make a guest appearance at our next event!
Have YOU won the Golden Ticket?
Tickets £45.00 per person. To order yours, please call 07802 884494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Smokies Park Hotel
Denton Golf Club's Lady Captain is holding a Charity Event on Sunday 24th April - in aid of Believe and Acheive - featuring a flower arranging demonstration, home made cake stall, tea coffee and biscuits. Tickets £3 from Denton Golf Club.
Denton Golf Club
Charity AM - AM Golf Day in aid of Believe and Achieve on Friday 6th May at Denton Golf Club. Team of 4 for £60 - absolute bargain. Booking is through Denton Golf Club website - tee times available from 9:00am to 3:30pm. It promises to be a great day.
Denton Golf Club
Could YOU raise funds for The Believe & Achieve Trust?
Like running, love a challenge? For more details, please call 07802 884494 or email email@example.com
We are always busy organising fundraising events to generate more Believe and Achieve Trust funds. The more money we can raise, the more support and cash we can offer to others in need of our help!
Do you have any spare time? If so, fancy helping us plan or deliver an event... Or if you're having an event and would like to invite us along and raise every more money for The Believe and Achieve Trust please get it touch. We appreciate all help and support big or small. Thank you!Contact Us
Trustee and Finance Management
Vice-Chair of Committee
Chair of Committee
Our t-shirts are available in both child and adult sizes; small, medium, large, x-large and xx-large.
Our hoodies are available in both child and adult sizes; small, medium, large, x-large and xx-large.
Believe and Achieve wristbands are available in two sizes; child and adult.
Believe and Achieve locker tokens are available to purchase through us or over the counter within Active Tameside clubs located across the Tameside borough.
Show your support for Believe and Achieve with your very own Believe and Achieve t-shirt, hoodie or wristband. All money raised through merchandise sales, helps us to help more people! Please get in touch to order any Believe and Achieve merchandise.
1. Applicants to demonstrate a commitment to inspiring others to ‘Believe and Achieve’.
2. The grant scheme is in place to support:
a. Young people and families affected by Meningitis
b. Young people up to age 18 who require support to ‘Believe and Achieve’ in sport
3. The maximum amount of grant to be awarded for each individual application is limited to £2,000.
4. Applicants must live in Tameside.
5. Applicants who can provide match funding from other sources e.g. fundraising, National Lottery, applicant contribution etc. may be favoured.
6. The grant scheme is unfortunately unable to provide funding for:
a. Domestic bills e.g. telephone, gas, electricity
b. Arrears e.g. mortgage payments
c. General clothing, bedding, furniture and domestic appliances
e. Building or garden adaptations in rented premises
f. Purchase and maintenance of minibuses and private transport
7. The sub-committee to have the delegated powers to determine applications and amend the criteria as appropriate.
8. The applicant is to provide paid original invoices for work carried out/goods supplied.
9. All invoices for work carried out/goods supplied must be dated after the date of Grant being passed.
10. It may be necessary on occasions for a member of the management team to visit, to ensure that the Grant has been used to carry out work or purchase goods, etc as stated on the application form.
WE MUST PROTECT THE CHARITABLE FUNDS WE HANDLE, SO WE MAY USE THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED ON YOUR APPLICATION FORM TO PREVENT AND DETECT FRAUD.
1. Read the grant criteria guidelines to ensure your application fits our criteria
2. Complete and sign the application form, answering all the questions. The application form must be signed by the person with ‘parental responsibility’.
3. If the applicant is involved in sport, a letter of support is required from a professional involved in your sport/activity e.g. Sports coach, club chairman, Active Tameside employee or teacher.
4. If the applicant has a disability or additional needs, a letter of support is required from a professional involved in your care e.g. GP, health visitor or social worker.
5. Get written quotation(s) from the supplier of the item/service giving full costs. We may ask for more than one quotation depending on the item being requested.
6. Building adaptations (not available for work in rented property) – we will need to have quotations from three building contractors and will also need to see Local Authority planning consent (if required). We may request that a home visit is carried out a member of our team before the application is considered.
7. Garden adaptations (not available for work in rented property) - we will need to see photographs of the area being considered.
8. Return all items to the address on the application form.
We will check your application to make sure it is complete.
• We will contact you to acknowledge its receipt and advise you of the date for the next Grant panel meeting.
• We will contact the person who has written your supporting letter (your ‘third party representative’) to confirm the details of the application.
• Your application will be considered at the next Grant panel meeting.
• We will contact you by phone or e-mail shortly after a decision has been made. The decision will also be confirmed in writing and a copy sent to your third party representative.
• If your application is not awarded due to insufficient information it may be re-considered at a future meeting when additional information is supplied.
We recently had the pleasure of awarding a grant to Oldham Athletic's Academy, a cause close to Alex's heart, to help some less fortunate boys purchase all the right kit. Here's what Tony Philliskirk, OAFC's Head of Youth had to say
We recently had the pleasure of awarding a grant for new kit to the Tameside Titans. Here's a video of them in action!
If you speak to people who already volunteer they will tell you they do it because they love it. So why not come and lend a helping hand, and have fun at the same time! There are many ways that you can help support Believe and Achieve’s work.
Please get in touch to join our team!
Believe and Achieve are based within
Our address is Active Copley, Huddersfield Road, Stalybridge, SK15 3ET
You can contact us at
Feel free to drop us an email at any time,
day or night!